Enhancing Your Website with Dynamic Content
As an aspiring website builder, you may be wondering how to make your website look more professional. While improving the design and adding fancy features are obvious answers, one of the most effective ways to enhance your website is by adding dynamic content. Dynamic content refers to interactive web content that changes depending on the time, location, and user. Unlike static content, dynamic content can be edited easily on the back-end without coding, providing a more interactive experience for users.
Benefits of Dynamic Content
Dynamic content offers several advantages over static content, including:
1. Better user experience: Users can see content that is adapted to them, such as different offers that change according to their behavior.
2. Improved KPIs: Dynamic content can improve conversions and reduce bounce rates on your website by creating tailored content.
3. Smooth navigation: Dynamic content provides a seamless experience through a website compared with static content as users can easily find the content they are looking for.
4. Easy to update: You can simply edit your page on the WordPress back-end without needing to hire an expert developer.
5. Responsive design: A dynamic website easily adapts to various screen sizes compared with a static one.
Creating Dynamic Content
There are two ways to create dynamic content: using Toolset Blocks & Gutenberg or using Total Theme.
1. Toolset Blocks & Gutenberg
Toolset Blocks is a plugin that allows you to create custom, advanced features such as content templates, archives, and views. It also supports dynamic sources for blocks, which makes your custom fields and taxonomies available to be displayed on your pages.
To create a content template with dynamic content using Toolset Blocks:
– Install Toolset Blocks and ensure you know the basics of using the Gutenberg editor.
– Head to Toolset > Dashboard and click the Create Content Template option next to the post type you want to create a content template for.
– Add blocks to create your content template. You can draw dynamic content from the current post or from a custom field.
– Adjust your blocks on the right-hand sidebar if you want to change the source of the dynamic content or style the image.
2. Total Theme
Total Theme is a popular WordPress theme that comes packed with features, including an easy demo importer, drag & drop page builder, and hundreds of page builder elements. To create a dynamic content template with Total Theme:
– Head to WPBakery Page Builder > Templates and click Add New. Give your template a name.
– Add post elements in your dynamic template, such as post media and post content.
– Assign the dynamic template to your custom post type in the WordPress Customizer.
Creating dynamic templates is a great option if you are building websites for clients. By using them, you can create a template once and assign it to all of your portfolio items instantly. Not only that, but if you need to change a layout, all you need to do is edit the template and all of your portfolio items will also be updated.
In conclusion, adding dynamic content to your website can enhance the user experience, improve KPIs, and make your website look more professional. Whether you choose to use Toolset Blocks & Gutenberg or Total Theme, creating dynamic content has never been easier.