Logo Design for WordPress: Tips and Services for Every Budget
When it comes to creating a WordPress website, there are many roles to fill. From website design to content strategy, social media management, writing, and graphic design, it can be overwhelming for one person to handle it all. While some may excel in certain areas, it’s rare to find someone who is talented in all disciplines.
For example, I consider myself a good writer and marketer, and I can make minor design tweaks with HTML, CSS, and simple PHP. However, my graphic design skills are lacking. Instead of trying to learn a new skill, I prefer to outsource logo design for my WordPress sites.
In this article, I will share my top tips for website logo design for WordPress and reveal the services I have used in the past to get logos designed.
Logo Design and Web Design: Which Comes First?
When it comes to logo design and web design, there is no clear answer to the chicken and egg scenario. Some may choose to let the design determine the style of the logo, while others may create a design that aligns with the logo. However, creating a rough design for your WordPress site is often easier than creating a logo from scratch. A premium theme can serve as inspiration for a logo, making it easier for a designer to create something that aligns with your vision.
Simplicity is Key
While there are websites with dominant and striking logos that define their brand, these are often the result of highly creative and costly design teams. If you have a limited budget for a logo, it’s best to keep it simple. Ambitious ideas may result in amateurish designs. Focus on the overall design of your website rather than solely on the logo.
Top Logo Design Services for WordPress
1. IconFinder: For a quick and simple logo option, you can find free icons on IconFinder. You can download editable AI files, SVGs, or pre-set PNG sizes. IconFinder also offers a premium section with subscriptions starting at $9 per month.
2. Hatchful from Shopify: If you have no budget but want a custom logo, Hatchful is a free logo creation tool. It guides you through a 5-step process to create your own logo. You can customize the text, fonts, colors, icons, and layout. Hatchful provides more professional options than plain free logos.
3. Wepik: Another free option is Wepik, which offers resources for web design, including logos. You can choose from ready-made templates or design your own logo by adding text, icons, photos, shapes, and more. Once you’re done, you can download your logo as a PNG, JPG, or PDF.
4. Fiverr: If you have a few dollars to spend on a logo, Fiverr is a marketplace where people offer services for as low as $5. While the quality may vary, Fiverr is a budget-friendly option. You can find logo designs at various prices.
5. My Brand New Logo: If you have a bit more to invest in your brand, My Brand New Logo generates logos based on your business name, slogan, keywords, and main color. They offer logos at set rates depending on usage. You can purchase a low-resolution copy for inspiration or a fully customizable logo with full copyright.
6. 99 Designs: For a premium option, 99 Designs offers logo creation services starting at $299. They crowdsource the process to a pool of talented graphic designers who create draft logos for you to choose from. You’ll have a wide range of options and can refine your favorite until you find the perfect logo.
Choosing the Right Option
The choice of logo design service depends on your budget and timeline. If you need something quick, IconFinder or Hatchful are good options. If you have a modest budget, Fiverr offers affordable rates from talented designers. For a custom logo, consider My Brand New Logo or 99 Designs. If your budget allows, hiring a graphic designer directly is also an option.
In conclusion, creating a logo for your WordPress website doesn’t have to be overwhelming. With the right resources and services, you can find a logo that fits your brand and budget.